How can you help?
Be a positive role model, identify and develop their strengths, build their self-esteem, improve their life skills, and expose them to new interests and opportunities.
Caring and supportive relationships are essential to a young person’s development and well-being. At Hull Services, mentors are an integral part of our holistic approach to treatment and care. Mentors are often the only unpaid support in these children’s lives.
What’s in it for you?
It feels good to do good. Your time, perspective and skills can influence a young person’s path and future. Throughout your involvement, our team at Hull Services will be there to listen and to provide support and guidance. You will have access to Hull's amazing team of professionals, including professional training and ongoing support.
Locations of opportunities:
We serve youth from all over the city, including on our main campus in Woodbine.
An average of one to four hours per week, for a minimum of one year.
There are a variety of ways to mentor at Hull Services:
Mentors volunteer their time with a child or youth one-on-one and develop a relationship by doing various activities together. Over time, the mentor can help the youth improve their self-confidence, academic skills, life skills, and expose the youth to new opportunities, interests and connections in the community.
Group mentors may share a talent like cooking, dancing, art, yoga, drumming, soccer or skating with a group of Hull youth. The possibilities are endless; creating that spark of interest and having fun with the kids is what’s important.
Steps to Get Involved:
- If you have questions about the Mentors Matter Program, please call or e-mail Marilyn Boston at either 403-542-4215 or at: email@example.com
- Complete an application (please see the attachment below).
- If selected, we will contact you for an interview. You will be required to complete an Intervention Record Check and Police Background Check.
- All mentors will be required to attend a three hour orientation session, and complete one hour of online safety training.
- Once all the background checks are processed and you have successfully completed training requirements, you will become an approved mentor.