FASD MAPS is a partnership of four organizations that bring together a unique array of expertise in the area of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. At Hull Services, a family advocate works with children and youth, 8 to 15 who may be impacted by FASD.
The services provided include:
- M - Mentoring: through in-home and group supports.
- A - Advocacy: help build a support network for all family members.
- P - Partnership: sharing of resources across Calgary and area.
- S - Support: help stabilize families that are under stress and facing possible breakdown.
The goals of the partnership are:
- To build on the strengths and abilities of individuals affected by FASD.
- To increase individual, family and community awareness of the impact of FASD.
- To increase recreational and social connections for young people affected by FASD.
- To develop and promote family strategies and support for managing FASD.
In addition to Hull Services, FASD MAPS partners with:
- Renfrew Education Services works with children, newborn to 10 years who may be affected by FASD.
- McMan Youth, Family and Community Services works with youth and young adults, ages 15-21 who may be affected by FASD.
- Wood’s Homes supports parents and caregivers of children, all ages, who may be affected by FASD.