Fostering Connections provides children referred by Calgary and Area Child and Family Services with a surrogate family, when they are unable to reside at home. We provide specialized training to foster parents and ongoing support to foster families to ensure children receive the best care. Fostering Connections provides foster care services to children from birth to 18 years. We serve children from a variety of backgrounds, abilities and needs. For those children who come from more intensive treatment settings, we provide additional support to help them reconnect with their community.
- help children manage the transitions associated with a change in placement
- provide a safe, supportive environment to help children learn new skills and meet developmental milestones
- advocate for their needs
- work collaboratively with foster parents, the child's team and support network
- provide opportunities for children to connect with their family, culture and community and to participate in activities of interest to them
- support each child's permanency plan, i.e., reunification with family or placement with kin
We believe that all children benefit from meaningful connections and a safe, nurturing place in which to grow.